About the job
- Join this Innovative future market leading start-up
- Work for a for purpose organisation that has a positive Impact on the planet
- Work in a newly built lab in a fast paced and high-throughput environment
All G Foods is the new disruptive alternative protein company changing the future of food. We are creating a positive food movement, dedicated to making food all good, for everyone and everything. Backed by high profile investors, we have global ambitions and know that our talented team are our future.
Our growing range of alternative protein food brands across meat and dairy will touch the hearts and souls of millions of people in the coming years, and together achieve massive positive impacts for the greater good. Our first product launched in 2021 with BUDS, our deliciously tasty burgers made from plants.
In this role you will be responsible for building DNA constructs, transforming bacteria, yeast and fungal species, screening transformants, and purifying and analysing proteins. This is an exciting opportunity to translate your synthetic biology knowledge into commercial food products. You will be working in our newly built state-of-the-art precision fermentation lab where you will get to work in a fast-paced, high-throughput laboratory that aims to let scientists do more creative thinking by harnessing robotics.
In This Role, You
- Help design and build new expression vectors and transform a range of bacteria, yeast and fungal species.
- Setup high-throughput strain screening experiments and perform protein analyses.
- Maintain microbiology and analytical equipment and laboratory consumables.
- Collect research data, enters/stores in appropriate statistical software, and prepare statistical analysis/reports as required and if necessary, carry out literature searches.
- Help with laboratory bookkeeping such as strain libraries and writing SOPs.
- Undertake any ad-hoc projects and other activities as needed by the business. Perform such work activities relevant to the role’s key accountabilities as approved by the Research manager.
Essential Skills And Education
- BSc(Hons) in synthetic biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology or other related field.
- Demonstrable experience with synthetic biology and strain engineering techniques such as PCR, Gibson assembly, ligation, transformation, clone selection and aseptic microbiology techniques.
- Experience in in the purification and/or analysis of proteins using techniques such as liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, HPLC, SDS-PAGE and western blot analysis.
- A desire to quickly learn new analytical techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day-to-day operational matters.
- Working understanding of relevant aspects of the Work Health and Safety Policy and relevant legislation, including Safe Laboratory Practices, as applicable to the work environment.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and forever changing environment
- You are a fast learner and keen to develop new skills and analysis methods.
- You are collaborative and enjoy working in an innovative environment.
- You’re a problem solver by nature and you don’t shy away from challenges and are able to keep calm under pressure.
If you want to join this amazing company Apply Today!
For further information go to allgfoods.com