We’re seeking a fantastic web developer to join the Cellular Agriculture Australia team. We need help taking our main website beyond its MVP stage, improving our Pathways resource website, strengthening our software infrastructure, and creating software for future projects.
Cellular agriculture is an emerging industry and research field dedicated to producing meat, eggs, milk, and leather more sustainably and more ethically. Cellular Agriculture Australia is a non-profit organisation with the mission of developing research, collaboration, and innovation across the cellular agriculture sector. We are developing talent pipelines and fostering a connected community in the ecosystem to help accelerate timelines for the commercialisation of cellular agriculture products.
What you bring:
This is a general application role. We’re keen to hear from any passionate individuals who may have experience in any one of the following:
- WordPress site building and maintenance (PHP experience is a big plus)
- AWS infrastructure (ECS, CodePipeline)
- Golang development
Our key requirement is availability: we need someone who can contribute at least 2-5 hours per week, for a minimum of 3 months.
If you’re unsure whether you have enough experience but could make the time commitment, please reach out. We’d love to have a chat and see how you can contribute.
What you’ll be signing up for:
We are positioning Australia as a leader in the growing sector of Cellular Agriculture. As part of the team, you’ll work alongside the other web developers to strengthen our website as the primary cellular agriculture resource in Australia. You’ll also be part of a wider multidisciplinary, volunteer-driven team of researchers, science communicators and business professionals.
We are a fully remote team so you’ll need to be comfortable working independently. You’ll get to build out features related to your area of web development expertise and have plenty of opportunity to learn new skills along the way.
Some ways you could contribute to our vision:
- Working in the Web Development team to bring our website out of the MVP phase
- Build out features and pages that provide useful resources to our users
- Strengthen the user experience and design to help users engage better with our services
- Deep dive into WordPress to expand our website capabilities, using both low/no code solutions and PHP
- Pairing with our talented team members to ensure high quality, well-thought out code and architecture
- Create new Greenfield projects to drive forward the field of Cellular Agriculture in Australia
- Improve our Pathways resource using Golang and React
- Bring your own brilliant ideas to help shape the organisation
What to do if you are interested:
If you’re keen to get involved, please fill out our Expression of Interest form by clicking Apply For Job above, or following the link here🙂